Monday 7 October 2024

The Peacock 1387

His hair is wet from the shower and he is dressed simply in a white T shirt and blue jeans. "Good morning, Jesús ", says Carl. "Good morning, Carl", he replies, and refusing to let me off the hook for not greeting him says emphatically to me, "Good morniing Christopher. Did you sleep well." "Pretty good. And you?"" "Dreams. Lots of dreams", he says sitting down next to me, across from Carl, who gets up. "Coffee and toast for you, jesús", he says. "Yes, please." To me he says, "I dreamed mostly with birds. Lots of birds. Pigeons, big black birds, crows, i think, seagulls, and the ocean, and I kept seeing this through the night." And now I am rememering a dream. A nest with four robins' eggs, but a more vibrant turquoise, and much bigger, like goose eggs, and one of them was cracking open, with blood flowing through the cracks. I am not going to mention it. Not yet, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment