Sunday 6 October 2024

The Peacock 1386

"What did you and Jesús get up to last night", he says, presenting me a plate with two slices of toast, followed by jars of peanut butter and jam. "Nothing." "You were in his room." Choking back a couple swear words, I reply with the utmost civility, "I was bringing him bedding." "And nothing else." "What were you doing spying on us?" "I noticed just when I was on my way upstairs. Chris, be careful with him. He has an agenda with you. It's all over him." "Yes", I reply, smearing strawberry jam on top of the peanut butter. "I know." "But nothing else happened"" "he stripped down to his underwear and lay on the bed expecting I'd join him." "And, did you?" "No. i kissed him on the forehead then went to my father's. I mean, to my room. I am not going to disgrace his memory like that, if that's what you are concerned about." "I'm concerned about Jesús. He appears to be hiding something." "He's hiding a lot", and now Jesús appears like a magical fairy, in the kitchen with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment