Thursday 17 October 2024

The Peacock1397

How good it is to be alone in my car, behind my steering wheel, all alone and going wherever the hell I want. Except, I don't really know where i want to go. Here, on Marine Drive, above the notorious Wreck Beach, my phone is ringing and of course I am going to stop the car before I answer. I am a good and responsible citizen and I know the costs of distracted driving. It's Erik. "Good morning, brother-in-law." "Good morning Erik. How are you." "I was up all night reading the first book of the CS lewis trilogy, then went to sleep around four. Now I'm wide awake. Where are you?" "Above Wreck Beach." "Are you thinking of going down there." "No, it's chilly this morning and cloudy. Looks like it could rain. Do you need anything?" "I just need to talk." "What about?" "Anything. It is like a prison here. i just need to talk to someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment