Friday 4 October 2024

The Peacock 1384

Shreddies for breakfast. Everyone else is still in bed. It's just six am and the newly risen sun already floods the kitchen. No one seems to be stirring. I do feel unexpectedly hungry for some reason. I imagine Carl will want us all to do something together today. I am just hoping I can sneak out of here early enough without drawing anyone's attention. Too late. The toilet is flushing, the downstairs toilet, and somreone is already up. Maybe he'll go back to bed. Now I think I hear the shower running. Well, maybe he'll take a long time. There is still time to escape. I'm still hungry. Another bowl of cereal? Naw. Toast. With peanut butter and strawberry jam. I haven't made coffee. How could I forget. "Good morning", announces Carl's cheery voice from behind, and now I am trapped...

No comments:

Post a Comment