Thursday 15 April 2021

The Peacock 131

 "Our relationship with St. James was very complicated.  David the rector and Robert Griffin both hated us and with a vengeance, especially Robert.  Because we weren't ready to endorse same sex unions we were of course not exactly on their friends list, but even then they still wouldn't like us anyway because they advocated a kind of sexual licentiousness that is very contrary to Christian teaching, and we weren't about to give them the lie on that one.  The other two clergy actually really seemed to like us, especially Stephen, the same Stephen who rescued you, Chris, from the clutches of Father Griffin."

"What is your position now on same-sex unions?" asks Carl.

"Marriage is marriage is marriage.  But to one and the same spouse.  And only the same spouse. That's all I have to say.  Otherwise, it just ain't Christian."

"Aw, can't even flirt a bit?" says Carl, coyly.

"Not in front of hubby or wifey."  And now Aaron is chuckling rather drily.

"I think I feel the same", say I.  "But what about Father Griffin?"

"An absolute puritan now," says Aaron.  "He and Doug are on the absolute same page.  They don't believe that any gay Christian should be sexually involved with anybody, not even with their own left or right hand.  Talk about taking a one hundred and eighty, but that's what Robert has done.  And both their minds are not only nailed shut, they are hermetically sealed.

"How very sad", say I.  "I expect I'll be meeting them both here sooner or later."

"I wouldn't be in a hurry", says Carl.  "I wouldn't be at all in a hurry.  But Aaron, do tell us more about your story..."


No comments:

Post a Comment