Sunday 25 April 2021

The Peacock 141

 "And you were just", I say, "Fourteen?"

"Less than one month from my fifteenth birthday."

"That is just really amazing", Carl says.  "We actually experienced something very similar in my mom's community in Switzerland.  But your experience sounds truly amazing!"

"What exactly happened?" Aaron asks.

"I'll let you know soon enough.  You are still telling your story."

"Do you still speak in tongues?" I ask.

"Every day."

"What does it sound like?"

"Later", and Aaron betrays an embarrassed smile.

"When we are praying together", says Carl.

"Thanks, Carl", says Aaron.

"So, brother Aaron", Carl says, "Do continue your narrative, please."

"Why, nothing would please me more, brother Carl, and brother Christopher.  "Well, a couple of days later, after school, Mom and I were seated at the kitchen table, and I told her about my experience.  She was totally lost for words.  She asked me if this was for real.  So, I did give her a little demo, and as she heard me speaking in an unknown tongue it really spooked the shit out of her and she told me to stop immediately.  Now, I think that I probably should have continued, because there might have been for my dear mother an imminent deliverance from satanic bondage, but, I don't think I would have been quite ready yet to help facilitate an exorcism, especially with my dear old mother..."



No comments:

Post a Comment