Thursday 1 April 2021

The Peacock 117

 "Something you need to know before I go on", says Aaron.  "Years before, in 1976, when I was twenty, I had just returned from six months in Toronto where I had gone with my lover Keith.  Later, there is quite a story there but we don't want to get sidetracked.  I had ended the relationship because I wanted to faithfully follow Jesus, and there simply wasn't room in my life for Jesus and Keith.  Unless I was prepared to share my life in Jesus, not only with Keith, but with many many others, and with the proviso that I wouldn't be sleeping with any of them.  But here I digress.  It was March, very early spring and I was taking a long walk in Richmond.  I somehow found myself on Ferndale Road, and I was in a state of deep and concentrated prayer.  

"Suddenly, I was so overwhelmed by a sense of God's presence that there, on the side of the road, I sank to my knees, right in front of that same house.  I had a vision of a crystal prism and the light was shining through it and it was dazzling, and I heard God speak in my heart that that was a vision of the kind of life to which he was calling me.  And now, almost twelve years later, here I was, settling in for my first night in that same house..."

No comments:

Post a Comment