Friday 16 April 2021

The Peacock 132

 "It happened before Doreen and Dianne came into the picture.  It was still winter.  I had recently left my position with St. James Social Services Society.  That was rather a sad and ugly affair.  My boss didn't seem to approve of my arrangements with Doug.  You see, some months earlier, before he got rid of his car, he was driving me to work, and we would often give each other an innocent hug before I got out of the car.  So, Maureen, my boss at the time, takes me aside and suggests that we were seen, it didn't look good, and could we please do that in an ally somewhere out of plain view.  Naturally I was insulted and called her both on her homophobia and her hypocrisy, given that one of her best friends at church was a biracial white and native gay man, who was esteemed in the parish and also quite a gay sexual predator himself, known to be a gay sexual predator, proud of being a gay sexual predator, seemed not at all about to conceal being a gay sexual predator, and seemed right proud of being a gay sexual predator.  Very much like Griffin back in the day, I'm afraid.  

"Anyway, she made just a couple of weeks before, some lame excuses and lies about my work performance, but clearly wanted to get rid of me, since I was no longer popular in the parish, and in fact had already cultivated some powerful enemies.  So, I resigned, there went our income, since Doug refused to get a job, and I had to accept a somewhat reduced income of Unemployment Insurance.  

"Well, Doug and I were taking the bus downtown every day for "the Work".  We would walk the streets downtown in prayer, visit Stanley Park to build, rebuild and pray over the cairns in the areas of gay male sexual activity and alleged devil worship, and then spend more time downtown, in cafes and also at the Persons With Aids society, where my friend Ken had made us both members, and much to the consternation of their own power elite, since they distrusted and hated Christians.  But we still also made a number of friends, people whom we supported and helped care for until their inevitable and untimely deaths..."

No comments:

Post a Comment