Tuesday 10 May 2022

The Peacock 511

 "I remember that house very well", says Glen.  "You and Sheila were both very kind to let me stay with you for a couple of months."

"And then we all ended up together at the Place of the Transfiguration", says Michael.  "And now, here we are.  One big happy..."

"This is going to be interesting", says Carol.  "Especially because, I as a guest, really don't know where I fit in here ."  She lets her fork rest on her half eaten pie while the ice-cream creates the rivulets of a glacier melting because of global warming. "What I mean to say is that I, and I don't think,  Christopher or Jesús, came here expecting any of this.  And now suddenly we are all part of your drama.  I don't know what to think about all this."

"Welcome home", says Melissa tersely.

"You don't mean to say..."

"Carol", says Jeffrey.  "You don't have to say anything.  "Welcome home."

"But it still is rather early, don't you think, to jump to conclusions?"  Here Carol takes a long slow sip of her coffee, before digging back into her pie and ice cream.

"If nothing else", says Carl, "How would each of you, the guests, feel about weathering out this pandemic here with us for however long it lasts?"

"That could be at least a couple of years", say I.

"My point, exactly..."

No comments:

Post a Comment