Saturday 21 May 2022

The Peacock 522

 "Of course", says Sheila, "Things only became a little more interesting, when Peter appeared at the Place of the Transfiguration, just shortly after my arrival there.  He was only there overnight, but we talked.  I had already known him as Stefan.  he was a young street punk  who befriended me with his girlfriend when I still had the café.  Then he disappeared for several weeks, it turns out to a place that we knew as the Refuge.

"I have never been there myself.  It is on a small island not far from the Place of the Transfiguration, but the island appears to be unknown.  Chris, who was the de facto leader of our little community, alone, has actually been there, and all he would say about it was that it was in an enormous house, I would imagine to be rather similar to this one, with rather strange inhabitants.  Otherwise, he stayed resolutely tightlipped about it.  Stephan helped me fill in the blanks.  Shortly after his arrival, we had a chance to sit alone together for a chat in the common room.  I was not prepared for what I was about to hear..."

No comments:

Post a Comment