Friday 27 May 2022

The Peacock 528

 "Whatever became of the eggs?" Carol asks.

"I have one and Matthew still has one."

"I found a buyer for the other four", Matthew says.  "Just two days later, this man came in to buy them.    He didn't say who he was, and the price seemed no object to him.  I cannot say what I got for them, but the next day, I was ready to retire.  Adam had already invited me to the community.  I met him and Chris at their hotel..."

"And then you sold our townhouse without telling me anything, and when I got back from my trip, the locks had been changed and I had to go home to mother", says Michael.

"You turned out okay", says Matthew.

"And it also opened the way for me to come over with you and Glen", says Lazarus.  "And Sheila, as well."

"And now we are all together, " says Sheila, "Even now.  After twenty years."

"I should love to see those Faberge eggs", says Carol.

"We can bring them down for you today", says Adam.

"What became of Stefan", says Carl. 

"I really don't know", says Sheila.  "I think he was on his way to Paris, for some kind of spiritual espionage, or something."

"Spiritual espionage?" says Carol.  "Why, how very intriguing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment