Thursday 12 March 2020

Costa Rica Again 10

Another quiet day,spent on emails, researching my blog, walking, seeing more blue morpho butterflies, stopping in a cafe for a cold drink, finishing a drawing, going for another walk, sitting in CaburĂ©, the fancy schmancy cafe with the stunning balcony view and high prices, where I started a new drawing while getting annoyed by people standing around my table and talking in loud voices, where I moved to a very distant and quiet table and worked some more on the new drawing while sipping decaf coffee (only place where you can order it in Monteverde), then walking over to the Cuchara de la Abuela for a bite to eat and a chat in English with a young woman who is studying Spanish here (she's from Texas), and also chatting in Spanish with her house mom, who happens to be Marina, who is like my pal in the restaurant, and she and I had a very interesting conversation in Spanish, when she asked me how things are going for me here and I told her about my very intense three weeks in Colombia.  And once again nearly started crying when I told her about the two mothers begging in the rich neighbourhood with their babies in their arms,and my eyes are starting to tear up again, this just will not go away and I'm okay with that, Gentle Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment