Monday 16 March 2020

Costa Rica Again 14

It looks like I'm going to have to cut my visit here short by a couple of weeks, given the pandemic pandemonium that is now sweeping the world.  I heard Prime Minister Junior's speech today, bidding that all Canadians come home from wherever they might happen to be as soon as possible.  It's not going to be quite so financially onerous as I feared, so I think I'll be able to get everything covered okay. Costa Rica and Colombia have both closed their borders to all foreigners.  None of this bodes well.

It was still an enjoyable day, despite the worry.  I only resent that it took Prime Minister Junior so long to get to the microphone and make his little speech on the CBC today.  So he wants us all to come home.  No place like it!  So I finally got outside about an hour and a half later than usual today. It was an enjoyable walk, and I saws more morpho butterflies, the big iridescent blue ones, on the usual side road.  They seem to have their own gated community.  I also saw two more motmots, those green and bluebirds with the long tail that ends in those two round little racquets.

In the CafĂ© Monteverde I enjoyed chatting with staff, their friends, and some Canadians, then some American visitors.  They all seemed to like my art.  Unfortunately, covid 19 is the only thing people are talking bout.  I even came across some uniformed schoolboys outside playing coronavirus tag....in Spanish.  I kid you not, ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment