Saturday 14 March 2020

Costa Rica Again 12

Another nothing day in Monteverde.  Once again I have a new cable for my computer.  the one I bought three weeks ago in Colombia just died on me two days ago.  The family that runs the Mariposa have been super supportive, and Esteban's dad ran my laptop over to get repairs in Santa Elena, and I only had to pay for the new cable.  So, let's keep hoping...

Otherwise, everything quiet and boring...I spent a couple of hours in the café with my sketchbook, chatting off and on with staff.  We are agreed that everyone's overreacting about the coronavirus.  It seems that the cloud forest reserve is so empty of people because folks are cancelling out of fear of contagion.  be afraid, be very afraid!

The sun is getting ready to set.  The leaves are turning a brilliant golden green with  hint of copper.  So splendid.  I met a couple of more friendly dogs today, and also a friendly cat.  I do feel very at home here, otherwise I wouldn't be bored.  All for now, ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment