Wednesday 18 March 2020

Costa Rica Again 16

Here is my response to an email from my apartment manager, who like me is a devout Christian:

"I listened, acted and God has opened doors, so I will be returning home this Friday night 20 March.  I will be in voluntary isolation, so, except for the laundry room I will be avoiding all common areas in Candela Place.  I will be going out every day to buy groceries and go for walks but will be avoiding areas where there are lots of people.  I will not try to see you in person, but I will give you a phone call to tell you about my trip.  And seriously, God has been providing.  When my travel agents refused to accept my visa credit card, a good friend stepped in, went to their office for me and paid everything (just under 1000 CAD for the flight change).  When the place where I tried to reserve one night's lodging for tomorrow before I go to the airport couldn't accommodate me, my host here in Monteverde, who is also a good friend, stepped in and made some phone calls for me, and now I have a place to stay when I arrive at the airport tomorrow.  Then, when I arranged to pay my friend for the two weeks I spent here, even though I cannot stay the full month, he charged me only half the amount for my sixteen days here.  You could say that I am feeling well cared for right now, and well loved.  I have also, despite the ups and downs, been enjoying the spirit of adventure these last couple of tumultuous days.  I think I'm going to put this in my blog.  So, Renita, thanks so much for your prayers and support, I'll phone you on Monday, and in a couple of weeks, I will come down to the office to sit a spell if you have time."

In other news, a very dear friend, Dave, stepped up and went to the Flight Centre on Davie Street this morning and paid for my flight change, and of course I am paying him back. I am hoping my travel agent and I are reconciled, after I expressed displeasure about the lack of flexibility for paying, and how frightening this got for me for a while yesterday.  So, today, I walked to Santa Elena, about four miles or so, to buy my bus ticket for tomorrow, stopped for a cold drink, chatted with the cafe manager, then went to the Cuchara for my last meal there and had a pleasant chat with the young lady working there.  There re two very snotty French couples staying next door to me.  One of them did say hi but the others, well, they are French so they are special, I suppose. Tomorrow I leave for Alajuela where I will spend one night, then Friday, I fly home.  Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment