Sunday 8 March 2020

Costa Rica Again 7

I would like to begin today's post by providing you with the link to a local artist here, Marco Tulio Brenes http://www.hiddengardenart.com/marco_tulio_hidden_garden.html.  Marco is the artist I had a conversation with yesterday at Cafe Monteverde.  Today at the same café we sat and drew together for almost an hour.  He seems locally well known and respected and his style of surrealism is pretty amazing.

I otherwise didn't go far today.  I did walk up to the cloud forest reserve, walking past all these amazing trees and ferns.  I stopped at the Café Colibrí (Hummingbird) and sat in the hummingbird gallery on a bench to look at the hummingbirds as they visited the feeders.  A tall white woman came and sat nearby with her baby which she began to nurse, rather openly, you might say, so I didn't stay long, more from respect than squeamishness.  I did try to explore some forest trails above the café, but didn't go far as I wasn't sure how safe they were, and it was a bit muddy and slippery.  I tend to be a risk taker, when it comes to travel, and I am trying to be a little more careful, since I'm not about to get younger.  I had a nice visit in the cafe with a cold drink where I started a new drawing.  I walked back to the bed and breakfast where I rested in my room for about an hour.

In the afternoon I walked to Cafe Monteverde where Marco and I drew and chatted together, a very pleasant honour.  Following a lovely pizza at the Italian restaurant next door, where I enjoyed a balcony table with a view of the forest, then walked home in the rain, with a lovely rainbow to accompany me.

No comments:

Post a Comment