Wednesday 4 March 2020

Costa Rica Again 3

This is my first full day in Monteverde.  I didn't do a lot.   Sleep is still difficult and I had to go down for a nap after breakfast.  Plus, I am so used to this place (it's my seventh visit here) that a lot of the wonder has worn off.   I am also transitioning between two very different travel situations.   For three weeks in Colombia I stayed with my friend in rather close conditions in a state of total cultural immersion.  So it is rather strange and emotional being alone again in another country, though Costa Rica is quite familiar to me. I am still adjusting and it isn't easy.

People here are enormously kind and friendly, which also helps a lot.  I popped in to visit two cafes and staff there were so welcoming and glad to see me that they seemed more interested in chatting than taking my order, which is also okay.

I did a long walk to Santa Elena and back, and now I am getting ready to retire to my room.  Sorry about the short post.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment