Tuesday 31 March 2020

Quarantined, Days 10 and 11


Gentle Reader, one more time a timely email that I have written says it all for my daily essay...We will pause for me to listen to something on CBC about the psychological impact of isolation and physical distancing.  This impacting us, and we badly need to keep reaching out to one another in which ever safe way that we can.....
hi Renita
I just want to say thank you for getting me those groceries on the weekend.  I will be okay after this, and I'm just re establishing communications with my supervisors at work (I do peer support work with two mental health teams and the ACT team).

I am confident that we will get through this, okay.  I also believe that we are not going to come through this collective trauma unscathed, but in some crucial ways, transformed.  I think that finally more Canadians are recognizing that our human values are greater than money values, and there is already talk about some major changes coming in humanizing the economy.  

I believe that God is going to use this crisis to really touch people's hearts.

When I was on Skype with one of my friends in Colombia yesterday, he assumed that I am afraid of the virus.  But I told him that I'm not afraid. I spent the eighties and nineties in pastoral and palliative care of people with AiDS, when it was a death sentence, one hundred percent mortality rate.  This has hardened me somewhat, and I am not afraid of this virus.  I do want to reach out to those who are afraid.

talk to you soon.

have a great day!  And I''m glad the chili recipe turned out (I gave her my recipe for vegetarian chili, and apparently her family loved it)

and here is the bird I am currently drawing...A plum-throated cotinga, based on the colour scheme that Alonso, my friend in Colombia suggested.

Image result for plum throated cotinga images

He also suggested orange and grey as part of the composition, and it seems to be working.  i am also thinking of doing a similar colour composition with an orange dove from Fiji
Image result for orange dove  images

No comments:

Post a Comment