Thursday 26 March 2020

Quarantined Day 6

So far so good.  I did a three mile walk this morning over the Granville Bridge then back over the Burrard, then when I got back to my building I walked up 71 stairs, no difficulties, no extra sweating or weird body temperature sensations, and I feel fine, so, I must be okay.

In case I might be carrying the virus, I have responded to the offer from my housing providers to do grocery shopping for me, since I don't want to put grocery staff at risk, given that I might be sick.

It is really difficult to think or write about anything that is not related to this pandemic.  This is inevitable.  We are being collectively traumatized.  This coronavirus has become omnipresent.  Like President Dump.

I just took another walk, almost two miles or so in the light chill rain of the early spring.  It is as if the earth is completely unconcerned, completely unaware of our little pandemic.  Trees are already showing forth the beginnings of new leaves, and flowers are blooming everywhere.  Why walk around sad and worried about a highly contagious flu while the earth is singing and life is being renewed everywhere?  Even if you're not allowed to go outside, if you can at all get away with it, go outside. Spring is not going to stop on our account.  The earth is not going to quit sending forth life because of our fears and worries.  We are still permitted to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment