Saturday 27 March 2021

The Peacock 112

 "During that time", Aaron continues, "My friend Jonn and I were spending a lot of time together in prayer and ministry.  Jonn had a particular awareness of this work of darkness, since his ex-wife had gone and joined a coven of satanists in Victoria and as part of her vendetta against her ex-husband, death curses were launched against both of us, and in many ways the shit was really hitting the fan for us here in Vancouver.  Without going into detail, Jonn's life was in danger at times, and this played out in some hospitalizations.  Then one evening, in a quiet cocktail lounge, Sandy and I had quite the   confrontation.  I realized that I was being called to confront the darkness that was in her, so I spoke to her with calm and almost chilling authority, to summon her to repentance.  It took on quite the powerful poetic metre, this encounter.  We were communicating as though in a form of liturgy, and she was well aware of what was going on.  This was also very typical of the kind of intensity I was living in during that time of intercessory prayer and street and bar ministry. But she responded, and came to accept the challenge of Christ.  By the way, the coven she was part of was situated on Dallas Road, not far from Beacon Hill Park.

"During that time, I was taking regular retreats at the Benedictine monastery over there. I had already been several times, and for the most part such retreats were for me a blessing.  But then in the summer of eighty-six, something changed.  I had been on retreat in May, but something in the air at the monastery had clearly changed.  There was a man there as a guest, in his thirties, and he seemed very intense and charismatic.  We were all drawn to him, I and the other guests.  But then I could see that this man had some kind of preternatural power and he was using it to control and manipulate.  He wanted to take us somewhere on the grounds of the monastery, but I didn't want to go.  I wanted to break the power he was trying to wield over me.  So calmly, and politely, I suggested we might go back to the monastery since there was a vespers service on.  At the suggestion of attending a Christian service, this man's face betrayed such an incredible disgust and revulsion, and fear, but then he covered it up again.  The other guests suddenly turned hostile on me, so I departed, leaving them in peace. .." 

No comments:

Post a Comment