Tuesday 23 March 2021

The Peacock108

 "I saw those paintings", I say, hoping that Aaron will remember.  I still love him.  Even though he's well over sixty.  Who would have thought!

"That's right", he says.  "At St. James.  I was getting ready for my trip,  That was a long time ago."

Carl says, "So what made you pick Costa Rica?"

"Costa Rica picked me."

"Costa Rica picked you", says Carl.

It was a very difficult transitional kind of year.  Dianne, Doreen and I had to move a few months earlier from the farmhouse in Richmond to a suburban style bungalow in Southeast Vancouver.    The farmhouse was, of course, rented, and eventually our landlords wanted to live there.  No one really thought of all of us sharing the space.  There wouldn't have been enough room."

"Very droll." says Carl.

"Very Carol," say I.

What´s she up to right now?" asks Aaron.

"She's hanging out with Melissa in the house.  I think they're baking together.", says Carl.

"Female solidarity", says Aaron.

"Yeah, but if you want to live one more day, better not say that to either of them."

"Especially Carol", I say.

"And don't underestimate my darling little sister", says Carl, chuckling.

No comments:

Post a Comment