Sunday 14 March 2021

The Peacock 99

 "Carl helped me remember."  It is blackcurrant jam, and it is delicious.  Homemade I am sure.

"I brought him his laptop so he found his name on Skype", Carl says.

"I still have it with me.  You must have forgotten to take it when you left my room."

"I didn't forget nothing", he says grinning.

"And what about the rest of us!" demands Carol.

"After breakfast, you can all have your devices", Carl says, "But please don't carry your smartphones with you, otherwise you'd all might as well go home today."

"You are changing the rules", says Carol.

Aaron says, "I think you want to say that we are changing Robert's rules."

"Oh, Father Griffin", Carol snorts.

"The same", Carl replies.

"Is there some sort of civil war going on with Father Griffin?" she asks, scooping a generous portion of cheese and mushroom frittata on her plate. "Almost everything he has told us about the rules and expectations here, you have been somehow overturning."

"Aaron chuckles malevolently and says, "You ain't seen nothing yet."

"This would be a kind of revolt?"

"A palace coup", says Aaron.

"And now, Christopher", Carol says, her mouth still full of frittata. "About this Cosme business.  How did you come up with that name?"


No comments:

Post a Comment