Thursday 18 August 2022

The Peacock 610

 Everyone is silent as Aaron finishes reading his story.  We have gone somewhere with him in the reading.  And I am not sure if we are ever going to return.  Sarah is the first to speak:

"Aaron, that is just truly amazing.  How did you write that.  Where did you get the idea for that kind of story."

"Oh, from here and there", he answers.  "There is probably a lot of influence from CS Lewis and George Macdonald in there."

"Oh, bosh!" says Carl.  "That is truly original writing."

"Oh, I don't know", says Aaron. "I did get the idea from Aztec mythology.  Especially about the plumed serpent and the setting in Mexico.  So, it's probably kind of derivative."

Glen says, "I have read a lot of CS Lewis and George Macdonald, and your writing is nowhere near what they wrote. In fact.  I think its better.  "Who would have dreamed of adding in mental illness."

"Doris Lessing?" says Aaron.  "I do owe to her some of my influence for this work.  

"You were writing about me", says Adam.  We all turn and focus on the beautiful young man.   His eyes are wide and he appears to be in a state of shock.

"Oh?" says Lazarus, playing briefly with his hair.  "And do tell us another one..."

No comments:

Post a Comment