Sunday 21 August 2022

The Peacock 613

 "Why don't you guys get married.  You would be great together"  Michael adds with the wicked little smile of the little boy who has just lit the fuse.

Carl bursts out laughing and Sarah, standing up suddenly, shouts, "That is quite enough!"

Michael gives her an innocent Who, me?" kind of look as she almost screams, "I have had quite enough of this, Michael!  Three fucking years of your badgering, your belittling, your undermining misogynistic comments, already.  That's enough already.  Why the fuck do you hate women so much.  Why the fuck do you hate me?  What have I ever done to deserve this.  Tell me. right now.  In front of everyone here.  What is your problem with me, anyway?"

She goes suddenly quiet, then half covering her face with her hands says, flustered and embarrassed., "Oh my God, I am so sorry everyone.  I did not mean to... and the language I just used, Michael, please, I'm sorry, please forgive me", and dumbfounded, she sits down again.

Michael says, "Sarah, I understand.  I am sorry.  I have made life difficult for you.  I deeply regret this."  And he does look genuinely contrite...

No comments:

Post a Comment