Monday 29 August 2022

The Peacock 621

 Carl says, "I was wondering if out of respect for Aaron we could return to the theme, or the multiple themes, of that wonderful story he has just shared with us.  Sorry, Carol and Sheila, I don't mean to cut you off."

"Oh, that's perfectly fine", says Carol, "And really I don't mean to bore all of you about my difficult girl.

"Nor I with my grandchildren", says Sheila, "But if you really want to get a grandma to start talking, just ask her about the grandkids.

"It sounds like you're very proud of them", says Aaron

"Yes, proud is the word", says Sheila.   "But yes, your story.  I was really intrigued with the snake.  What are you telling us through the black serpent, Glen...or Aaron.  I'm sorry, I do get the two of you confused, you are both really alike in a way that I just cannot put my finger on."

"The serpent", says Glen, "The way you tell it, Aaron, is really a huge symbol for redemption."

"I concur", says Jenn.  "This very theme of the redemption of the prince of darkness.  Quite riveting actually."


No comments:

Post a Comment