Saturday 20 August 2022

The Peacock 612

 Carl says, "The theme of the serpent redeemed I find particularly captivating.

"As do I", Sarah concurs.  It has become apparent to me how much those two tend to dominate our conversations.  I am sure they would both be loath to admit how alike they really are.

"You two deserve each other", I announce, much to my surprise, since I am seldom given to making announcements.

"Two peas in a pod", concurs Michael.

"I beg your pardon?" Sarah says, a little bit indignant.

"As do I", says Carl, smiling quizzically.

"I should say", says Carol, "That you both ought to feel flattered.

Melissa interjects, "I think what we are all saying, big brother, is that you both tend to dominate the conversation.

"Or perhaps our crime is that we happen to be the only assertive persons in the room at the time", says Sarah.

Michael says, "Assertive is not the same thing as sucking all the oxygen out of the room..."

No comments:

Post a Comment