Friday 19 August 2022

The Peacock 611

 "I was there", says Adam, "In the chamber with the four and twenty elders. I was one of the four and twenty.  I still am one of the four and twenty elders", he says vehemently.  "And you, Aaron, how did you know to write that?  Where did you acquire that knowledge. You have to tell me.  please."

"I really don't know how to answer that, Adam", he says.  "It was simply a work of creative imagination.  No more and no less"

"And just like we", says Carl tacitly, "Are but the products of your creative imagination, Aaron?  I think that Adam is entitled to a proper explanation."

"I'm sorry", says Aaron, "I am truly sorry, but that is the best I can do. By the way", says Aaron to Adam, "Which of the four and twenty elders are you  What colour were you wearing?"

"You would know by the colour of my eyes."

"Chartreuse?"

"Yes.  My name is Renewal of Life."

"That is beautiful", says Carl.  "And fitting.  Adam?"

He doesn't appear to be quite with us, and now it is clear that he has just been in one of his fugue states  He blinks his eyes rather forcefully.  

"That was one impactful story, Aaron.  Where do you get your inspiration.?"

"Oh, here and there" says Aaron.   And it is already clear to us how useless it would be to go into this any further with Adam, because he will have forgotten everything that he had just said, and we had might as well accept that he does indeed have a peculiar mental health condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment