Sunday 28 August 2022

The Peacock 620

 "I don't imagine, Sheila", says Carol, "That either of your granddaughters has become a vegan?"

"They're actually both vegans."

"Oh, how awfully tiresome.  My daughter happens to be a vegan.  She blames me for everything.  Such a bore!"

"I'm proud of both my girls for taking that step.  Me, I don't have the courage, or the patience with myself  Plus, I'm still way too fond of cheese.", says Sheila.

"Such a pity that they have to deprive themselves"

"Oh, I don't know.  They are both really worried about the environment and global warming.  Plus, they don't want to be part of animal suffering.  Very idealistic, both of them."

"Katrina has done it intentionally to spite me.  She has always had rather a miserable time having me for a mother, I daresay."

"Where is she now?" says Carl.

"Oh, I imagine she's still in London, at least she was when she emailed me last week.  She keeps threatening to visit me.  I don't know, it might be time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment