Thursday 25 August 2022

The Peacock 617 and 218

"It's a shame you never hear more from your other son", says Sarah.

"My darling little brother has never forgiven me for being a faggot, nor for having a mother who will do whatever the hell she wants", says Michael.

"Yes", says Sheila, "My youngest is unfortunately tiresomely conservative."

"What does he do?" asks Carl.

"He works in real estate", says Sheila, "And with the price of land and housing in Greater Vancouver, let's just say that he has raked in already quite a fortune."

"You say he has kids", says Sarah.

"Three.

"How old?"

"I don't know.  I've never met them.  I only found out about them some time ago from Suzanne, who is in regular contact with him."

"How very sad", sys Carol.

"Oh, I don't know about that.  At least I have one son who isn't constantly fighting with me."

"Thanks a lot, mommy dearest", says Michael, smiling.   "I love you too."




 Jenn asks, "Do you have contact with any of your grandchildren?"

"Suzanne's two girls seem to love their granny", Sheila says.  "We used to fight like the dickens about them, my daughter and I.  I would often tell her that she is way too overprotective, like so many parents nowadays, and the way she and Ed, her first husband, the girls' father, used to hyper schedule and control the poor girls' lives, it was unpardonable.  The damage has been done, but both of them have rebelled, and big time.  Cara is majoring in philosophy, and her poor mommy is at her wit's end trying to persuade her to study something that will generate income.  She has also turned into an animal rights activist, and regularly I get from my poor besieged daughter some of the most agonized emails one could imagine.  Cara is also coming out to see us this summer and is quite looking forward to staying here in the big manor house.  Tiffany is majoring in Fine Arts, and poor Suzanne just doesn't know what to do anymore..."

No comments:

Post a Comment