Tuesday 13 August 2024

The Peacock 1332

 "Do you know him", say I?

"He was working in the hostel as well as attending church with us, if that's the same person.  I think he'd just gotten married."

"Anything else?"

"There was something very strange about him.  I couldn't really name it.  Apparently he had disappeared somewhere in this area for a good number of years, but has no recall of where he was or what happened.

"You didn't exactly like him", says Carl.

"He was actually very sweet.  but there was something else.  I couldn't put my finger on it".

And now, as we are leaving Queen's Park, I have finally put my finger on what it is about Sarah that makes me uncomfortable with her.  She always has to put her finger on it, she has to know uncategorically how to define everything and everyone in order for them to have any real existence for her.  an intensely logical, intensely reductionist mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment