Saturday 3 August 2024

The Peacock 1322

 The drive has taken us through Richmond to the Queensborough Peninsula where we cross the bridge into what is properly New Westminster. Suddenly Jesús says", I live nearby with Marla, but today I can move out.  I have only to pick up my clothes.  We stop here please?"

"Where, exactly?" say I.

"And Jesús says, Right here please."

"The house is a stucco, box-shaped structure built in the 1960's, much like the fabled Vancouver Specials.  While Jesús unlocks the basement door, a middle aged white man comes from the back of the house and stops him.  We can hear him shouting at Jesús as he gesticulates wildly.  Jesús tries to ignore him and proceeds inside the house.  The man, presumably his landlord follows him.

"I don't like the looks of this", says Carl, opening his door."

"What are you doing?". say I.

"I'm going with you "says Sarah, stepping out of the car, leaving me little option but to follow them...

No comments:

Post a Comment