Sunday 18 August 2024

The Peacock 1337

 "I'm still not sure we did the right thing."

"What would have happened had we stayed?" says Carl.

"We could have seen if he was okay."

"Police would be involved."

"but we didn't do anything wrong or illegal."

"They might be nice to Carl, who is decently white", say I.  "But the rest of us?  Come on Sarah, you are Metis, Jesús is Colombian and I look Mexican.  They can get very ugly about race."

"I guess I should have thought of that.  Hey, is that Commercial Drive coming up?"

"Should I turn?"

"We're looking for a bakery."

And here is a bakery, and all I have to do is find a parking space.  There appears to be seating for coffee inside..

"that's an interesting name", she says.  "Baked."  On Eleventh Avenue in front of some old character houses we find a parking space, and now we are all tumbling out of the car...

No comments:

Post a Comment