Friday 23 August 2024

The Peacock 1342

 "What" says Carl, putting down his spoon.

"You're all stoned on pot, that's what."

"tTe cookies!" says Sarah, now alarmed.

"The cookies", say I, gathering up the bag of the remaining cookies. "And now it is time to go home and sleep it off."

"Bye Nicole", says Sarah with a big wave and equally big smile.

She waves back tepidly but is right now distracted by a couple of new customers.

"Hey, what are you doing with those cookies", says Carl, as he sees me headed towards a garbage can.

"I am disposing of the evidence", say I.

"Sarah paid big bucks for those cookies."

"Let him toss them", she says.  "I should have known better."

"Baked" says Carl, giggling as he opens the car door.

"totally fuckin' baked", say I, as I start the ignition and gently pull out of the parking space...

No comments:

Post a Comment