Saturday 24 August 2024

The Peacock 1343

 Everyone is quiet on the ride home, now the magic of the THC high is starting to wear off.  Jesús and Carl are both looking at their phones.  Sarah stares resolutely ahead from the back seat where she sits next to Jesús  "I really should have known better", she says.  Why didn't I read the damn sign on the display case."

"The name "Baked" didn't give you a clue", says Carl.

"Well, no, it didn't.

"But you did have fun, Sarah."

"She doesn't answer."

"Come on, fess up.  You were having the time of your life."

"I did enjoy singing with Nicole."

"You two sounded great together", say I.

"And you enjoyed it", says Carl.  "You totally enjoyed being high."

"I sinned. We sinned."

"Oh bollocks", says Carl.  "We were having a party....

No comments:

Post a Comment