Monday 12 August 2024

The Peacock 1331

 As we are leaving the house Sarah says", what's this I hear about you and Francois working with the homeless on East Hastings?"

"Just the other day", says Carl, "they both ran into an old flame of Christopher's.  He's now a faithful Christian, unfortunately also an anti-vaccer, but altogether a decent guy, from all accounts.

"I believe I was asking Christopher.  Christopher?"

I am not about to dignify that with a reply as I unlock the door and step into my car.

"did I just embarrass you", says Carl as he slides in next to me.

"I believe that I was talking to Sarah", as I start the car.

"You know this guy", says Carl to Sarah.

"what's his name?"

"Chuck", say I, beating Carl to the draw.

"He's Australian", says Carl.  "You met him in Melbourne."

"Chuckie?" she says , surprised, but neither annoyed nor delighted...

No comments:

Post a Comment