Wednesday 7 August 2024

The Peacock 1326

 Right now there is someone approaching.  He is wearing a simple collarless white shirt and blue jeans.  Very young, a boy.  It is the kid, or the Jesus kid.  He approaches my side of the car and I roll down my window.

"Give me the evidence.  Right now", he says softly, his bright green eyes shining like beacons on the high sea.

"What?"

"The baseball bat and the key.  Give them to me right now.""

Jesús hands me the key which I give the boy, followed by the baseball bat.

"The man who sought to harm you will be visiting at my table tonght", says the boy.  "now please go, while there is time."

"But", say I.

"Now leave this place."  And as though the car has taken on a will of it's own, we are suddenly taking another side road, already well away from the scene of the accident while we hear the pulsating howl of sirens...

No comments:

Post a Comment