Thursday 1 August 2024

The Peacock 1320

 It is especially hard when it is your mother", says Jesús, who has finally put down his phone in order to eat.

"Jesús", say I suddenly, "We do have a rule here.  We put away our phones during meals together.  No exceptions."

"I am sorry", he says, slipping his smartphone into his pants pocket.  

"It's nothing at all personal", says Sarah"

"iI understand."

"Where do these friends of your mom's come into the picture", says Sarah.

"they were both leaders for decades in an American evangelistic missionary society, called Youth with a Mission.  there was some controversy building around their style of leadership so, in their base in Switzerland they bailed and found themselves on my mother's doorstep."

"Where are they from", say I.

"straight from Wisconsin."

"Which city."

"I don't know.  Are their cities in Wisconsin?"

No comments:

Post a Comment