Tuesday 27 August 2024

The Peacock 1346

 We have been sitting here silent in my car now for almost ten minutes.  And now I can hear what sounds like Jesús snoring lightly in the back seat.  Sarah nudges him awake.  "We thank you, Lord", say I, "For the life of Yuri.  We commend into your hands the safekeeping of his soul.  May this very day, Jesus, he find himself dining at your table.  Amen."  The others also say amen.

"That was very beautiful Christopher", says Sarah.

"Yes", says Carl.

"Thank you", says Jesus.

Everyone is quiet as we drive the rest of the way home  They are coming down from their their high, and I imagine everyone must have the munchies now.

"I imagine you're all a little hungry", say I.

"More than a little", says Carl, who appears to be texting on his phone.

"who are you texting?" says Sarah.

"My sister.  I want to tell her about my visit with Mom today..."

No comments:

Post a Comment