Tuesday 6 August 2024

The Peacock 1325

 We are almost in Queen's Park, when I see a black SUV looming ahead, blocking our way on the side street I have taken.

"Oh my God", says Jesús.  It him!"

"Did you give him his keys", says Sarah.

"Shit, I forget" says Jesús.  And the Ukrainian's baseball bat is still on the floor at Carl's feet.

"better give him what he wants", say I , stopping the car, but before I can remove my seatbelt, the SUV is suddenly advancing on us, picking up speed and momentum.  He means to crash into us.  I back up,frantically seeking an exit.  he stupidly swerves and now the sickening crunching sound of metal on metal as he crashes into a street light.

There is nothing, no movement from the vehicle.  We advance closer and, yes, he is slumped over.  Sarah is already calling 911...

No comments:

Post a Comment