Wednesday 21 August 2024

The Peacock 1340

 The music has changed, slightly. Early Joni Mitchell singing "Both Sides Now.  Suddenly Sarah joins in, her iridescent soprano making the famous singer sound flat and listless, and soon drowns her out completely.  She sings


"Bows and flows of angel hair

and ice cream castles in the air

and feather canyons everywhere

I've looked at clouds that way.

The server joins in from behind the counter, her range a bit lower, not quite contralto, but still very good,


but now they only block the sun,

they rain and snow on everyone,

so many things I could have done, 

but clouds got in the way,

I've looked at clouds from both sides now

from up and down yet still somehow

It's clouds illusions I recall,

I really don't know clouds, at all.


Now the couple from the next table are laughing and cheering and clapping as are we and the two women continue singing .

No comments:

Post a Comment