Saturday 22 May 2021

The Peacock 168

 Aaron suddenly asks, "How much longer are we going to be in the car?"

"We should arrive in about twenty minutes", Carl says.  "Why?  You got more to tell us?"

"You're not bored, I hope?"

"Not in the least", say I.  "This is like some fantastic arthouse movie."

"You had a lot to cope with", says Jesús.  "How did you get through it all?"

"Later.  But do let me continue, please."

"We're all ears", says Carl from behind the steering wheel."

"By the way, Carl ", Aaron says.  "I don't think any of us knows your last name."

"Oh, I'm sorry!"  he says, laughing nervously.  "I thought everyone knew.  Our last name, Melissa and I, is Van Coevorden.  Sound a bit familiar?"

"It is the root for the name Vancouver". Aaron says.

"Where we live", I say.

"Now", says Carl, "Please tell us more about your continuing adventures with this Jeff guy."


No comments:

Post a Comment