Thursday 6 May 2021

The Peacock 152

"I have been attending Father Douglas in his seclusion", says Francois.

"Father Douglas", Aaron snorts.  

"Consider yourself delivered", Melissa quips.

"Is there a story there?" I ask.

"You're using my line", Carl says, smiling.  "Francois, just enjoy yourself with us, eh?"

"But, Father Douglas", he implores.

"Fuck Father Douglas", Carl says.

Carol says, deadpan, "Oh, you vulgar little man." And then she grins wickedly.

"I just had a talk with Doug after breakfast", Melissa says.

"Doug?" says Francois.

"That is his name", Aaron says, arching his brow rather.

Melissa continues, "I just told the Grand Poobah that if he ever tries that again here, then he'll be on the next bus to Vancouver before he knows what hit him."

"You what?" Carl says, shocked at his sister.  

"You heard me the first time, darling big brother.  And if I have to bodily eject him out of here, then I will."

"I can't believe you did that."

"You mean, you can't believe I have a black belt in karate."

"Do you really?" asks Carol, admiringly.

"That´s how I keep Carl in line", says Melissa, with a malicious little cackle...

"



"


No comments:

Post a Comment