Thursday 20 May 2021

The Peacock 166


 By this time, Jeff had extorted me already out of several thousand dollars, allegedly for rent, food, and extra so he could change his plane ticket.  Even though I could have, and probably should have had him arrested and laid criminal charges, at that time, we were very reluctant to make a fuss about money, given how strong our conviction to trust God for everything and not worry one bit about money.  Stupid perhaps, but also very good and noble.  but this kind of thinking also made us, Doreen, Dianne and I, very vulnerable to exploitation.  

"I later learnt that all that money was going up his nose,  but I was determined to get him to London, and also to stay with him for as long as I could,.  I was lonely, in mourning, I had lost my closest friend ever, Doug, and my community, and really had nothing left.  Plus, I had become programmed to take care of others, even if it killed me.  And it almost did.  

"We got our tickets changed, anyway, and a week later, Jeff and I were on a flight to London.  Stupid perhaps, but what an adventure was awaiting me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment