Saturday 1 May 2021

The Peacock 147

 "You were under an amazing amount of pressure and stress and from all sides", I mention.

"Oh, but it gets even more interesting." says Aaron.  I caught both Doug and Francisco leaving the apartment together .  Did I mention that I had come very soon to regret giving that imbecil a key?  It was early February, and such timing, just as I was in mourning for my mother and not to mention the many people close to us that were dying from AIDS, suicide and overdoses!  

"I called a meeting at the house in Richmond.  First arrived Dianne and Doreen, then Doug.  He wouldn't stay.  He simply dropped off his keys and agreed that he had to leave, and then he took off, knowing that he had finally lost his power over me.  

"We were all  three of us, of course, kind of gobsmacked.  From now on it would be just us three.  And it was already clear that Dianne really hated me.  So, very primly, she put her key on the table and said, if  Doug isn't staying, then neither am I.  Very stupidly, Doreen and I persuaded her to change her mind, pick up her key and continue with us.  

"And then the shit really started to hit the fan... But what time is it?"

Carl looks at his watch.  "It's just ten.  We should head back before they send out a search party."

"Aaron", I say, "Can we continue with this after coffee break?"

Carl says, "I will be driving you, Christopher, into town so you can pick up your things from your car.  But Aaron, why don't you come along for the ride, we can keep on with your account, and have lunch in town.  I'm sure they won't miss us here..."


No comments:

Post a Comment