Wednesday 12 May 2021

The Peacock 158

 "First", says Aaron, "About Francois."

"Yes, there is a story there", Carl says.  "I heard a little bit from Melissa following breakfast this morning, and she said she was going to handle it."

"What exactly was going on?"

"I still don't have the details, and it might be a while before Francois is forthcoming, but it turns out that Doug had made him his personal slave.   According to Melissa, and this is only what she saw, when she forced open Doug's office door, he was just beginning to give Francois a beating with a stick.  Francois was prone, kneeling on the floor, his wrists bound behind his back.  He was naked."

"Oh, fuck!" says Aaron, shaking his head slowly.  "Even coming from Doug that is pretty horrendous.  I am just lost for words."

"Fortunately he fears and obeys my sister, Doug, I mean.  He knows she could easily turn him into luncheon meat, so he quietly undid the rope tying Francois´s wrists, he put on his clothes, and Melissa says, she had to lead him gently by the arm.  He is still in shock.  Did you see him with the cat?"

"It was clear the cat was trying to comfort him."

"Thomas is a most amazing beast.  He has been divinely gifted."

"So, before I go on with my tale, could you maybe tell us a bit about how Doug got up here?  I mean, I am surprised to hear he's been here for two years, but when I was up here last summer, I didn't see him anywhere."

"It's just as well.  We had sent him on a road trip with Robert."

"Is there a story there?" I ask, chuckling.

"More than you would care to hear right now, Grasshopper, and more than I would dare to tell."

"In other words, Later."

"That's right, brother Christopher.  and now it is time for brother Aaron to continue his tale."

No comments:

Post a Comment