Monday 17 May 2021

The Peacock 163

 "Doreen moved back to the farmhouse during that time. Dianne´s new friend Michael had basically taken the place over, was often high on drugs, messy, unhelpful, dependent and rude.  Dianne insisted he was getting better.  She believed that she had a special call, ministry and spiritual gift for healing.  But her inability to set boundaries and her infatuation with this poor loser only worsened things, plus, she began to blame both Doreen and I for abandoning her, instead of supporting her in her ministry to this poor waste of DNA.  Just before Doreen came to live in the farmhouse, I think it was still early May, I had one rude surprise.  I came home on a clear bright sunny evening, and I noticed that Doug's things were in the house and he had hung various cheap Chinese scrolls on the living room window, a clear sign that he fully intended to move in and take the place over.  He was outside, but came in and I asked him what the hell he was doing here.  He replied that God had called him to come back and live in the house, and since I should be on my way to Europe right now, Doreen would be perfectly vulnerable for him to control and exploit.  

"But he didn't yet know that before he came in I had called the police.  And I said to him that this time I meant it.  I was not in the mood for enduring yet another one of his beatings, and the coward took off just before a cop arrived.  I told him the problem, and he advised me to let them know if Doug came back because I had a very valid case against him.  

"Doug disappeared for quite a while.  He took off across Canada and ended up in Newfoundland where he founded his own little cult with two gullible individuals, a woman who was in love with him and a young closeted male.  Doreen and Dianne were both of course, horrified and very disapproving that I would call the cop son their dear darling little Dougly, and I simply told them to get over it.  I was just glad to be finally rid of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment