Thursday 13 May 2021

The Peacock 159

 "First of all", says Aaron, "I would like to correct a bit of misinformation from when we were out in the back this morning.  When I caught Doug and his ex boyfriend leaving the apartment, that was not when I called the meeting.  That happened a couple of weeks later.  Mom had been dead less than a month already, and I was going to spend a few quiet days of retreat at the farmhouse.  Since Doug, Doreen and Dianne and I were still trying to meet together for prayer as often as possible, I had already announced this to them the night before, so there was no way that Doug would not have known that I would be coming out there, and he also knew that I should be left alone.

"I took the bus out to Richmond in the early evening.  As soon as I opened the door, something didn't feel right.  I noticed two pairs of shoes by the door, and a couple of jackets, one being Doug's.  I went into the living room, and in the bedroom just off the living room, where I often slept, I noticed two silhouettes on the bed.  No one said anything.  I quickly left, sensing that somehow it would be very dangerous for me to confront them alone.  I walked to the gas station, where I called a cab, and Doreen to let her know I was spending the night with her and Dianne in Shiloh House. That was back in the day, before cell phones, in case you were wondering.

"The following morning, Doreen and Dianne and I prayed together, and we realized that it was time to call a meeting with Doug, and if necessary, that he be expelled from our community.  I already told you guys the rest of the story, but just to sum it up for Jesús, I will say it in Spanish:

"Cuando nos convenimos el próximo día, llegó Doug con nada que contarnos, simplemente nos admitió de su hecho inapropiado, luego nos entregó las llaves para la casa y el apartamento, y se fue.  Dianne también estaba para renunciarse con nosotros porque ella había enamorado con Doug, pero la persuadimos al contrario, Doreen y yo y ella cambió la idea, mucho a nuestro muy remordimiento después.

"In English, you guys, simply that we called that meeting with Doug and the coward, instead of owning up, just dropped off his keys and left for good.  Dianne almost went with him, and stupidly we got her to change her mind..."


No comments:

Post a Comment