Sunday 2 January 2022

The Peacock 384

 One night at the club, I was just getting ready for a performance when this guy caught my eye.  There was something about him.  I was seated at a table way in the back where no one could see me, and his eyes were right on me.  I felt, you could say, naked under his glare.  I don't mean that he was undressing me with his eyes.  It wasn't like that at all.  But his eyes were very penetrating.  That they were also pale blue and shone like two headlights on a foggy night, of course, could only add to the impact.

After the show, we were just closing for the night.  It must have been around three am.  All of us staff and some of our friends were all sharing a big table, like we usually did to just relax, unwind, talk about the night, tell jokes and get maybe just a little bit drunk together.  And there he was.  At our table.  He appeared to be a friend of a friend of the owner.  He was also gorgeous, in a Germán SS sort of way, if you catch my drift.  You know, high cheekbones, blonde, square jawed and almost scary handsome.  You could say I was pretty taken by him.

We exchanged a few words.  He told me I danced beautifully and wondered if I had had any professional training. Truth is, yes, I studied ballet for five years in Seattle.  He didn't say a lot else, and then left early.  Then, just after he got up to leave, he took hold of my hand, stared me in the eye, then deftly kissed my hand and left.

"He was back the next night...

No comments:

Post a Comment