Monday 31 January 2022

The Peacock 412

 "I left not one single stone unturned when I told them what a bunch of pathetic losers they all are.  Oh, I don't mean social losers, nor professional losers, nor losers in the game of life.  They have all done marvellously well at everything and they are also lovely middle class Christians to boot.  And of course I was very careful to tell them so.  But then I went up one side of them and down the other about how hopelessly out of touch they all are with anyone who doesn't reflect their lovely smug middle class values.  Then I told them about life on the street.  And I took great care to not portray any of us who have to suck dick for a living as broken down losers.  I talked with pride about Tamara, and about all my other sister hookers and I told them some things about some of the boys and girls as well.  Sure, a lot of them came from really shitty situations and lives but I also told them how much pride they had, how full of strength and life they are, of how honest they are, of how much we take care of each other on the street.  Then I went on to tell them about my stint in university, and of the book I am thinking of writing as I get ready to go back to school.

I'm not sure that any of them really got it or had a clue what I was talking about.  And I told them that as well, that they are so blinded and stuck in their bourgeois middle class thinking, heads firmly planted inside their white asses, and yes, Harriet, those are the exact words that I used, and then one of them, an accountant, she just totally lost it and told me, how dare I insult them like that, and I shot back, how dare the rest of you insult my intelligence with their stupid middle class pity...

No comments:

Post a Comment