Friday 28 January 2022

The Peacock 410

"Was there ever an actual showdown?" Carl asks.

"Oh never.  Those were Anglicans, remember.  Never anything so vulgar and direct as an actual confrontation, people being emotionally honest, each speaking their truth, each being heard or complaining about not being heard.  None of that very un-Anglican kind of direct, honest, call a spade a spade sort of nonsense."

"Read another entry.  Want some more chocolate?"

"Nope.  Had my fill."  I look at the next page, scan it, then look again.  "Oh my God.  Oh my God!" and I can't stop my voice from rising.

"What is it?"

"Dad did allude to this.  Only once, briefly, one or two words at dinner.  And Kenny refused to talk about it.  What a revelation."

"So, are you going to keep me in suspense, or are you going to actually read it to me", says Carl.

"Here it is...."

No comments:

Post a Comment